Wednesday, November 24, 2010

88 Buick LeSabre Custom - transmission fluid needed can't find tank where to add some?

Hi again and we thank the two of 1st answerers that we see so far. I can't figure out how to reply to each of you to thank or added questions. I had no choice but to create a 2nd question. (I tried to change my profile but can't find this option).



I quickly went outside to reck (it'll be dark soon) and best I can figure the 1 unmarked tank is full where it should be but it's right next to the pulley related to power steering.



I'm now interpreting this unmarked tank to be power steering fluid?



I crawled onto the engine to track this unmarked tank and where the hose leads to, it seems to head in direction of transmission dip stick but then I can't see it anymore. So I don't know if it does lead to trans dipstick.



I tried to track from trans dipstick but it is very long and gets to point I can't see the bottom so I can't figure where the transmission fluid comes from that leads to the dipstick!



I'm giving my email address with extra spaces and wording because I don't think that Yahoo will allow it. carolehventura at hotmail dot com or carolehventura at yahoo dot com. I get error msgs in options that Yahoo is taking a break so no edits are working.



Lastly, I still can't find where the transmission fluid supply goes in. I'm trying to avoid a burned transmission (know this will cost alot to fix). I think the problem is low level.



I'm disabled and have no choice but to drive N into work tonight and pick him up. Please help one more time???? you can't imagine how we appreciate your help!

88 Buick LeSabre Custom - transmission fluid needed can%26039;t find tank where to add some?
Hi

WARNING: First of all if before you add Fluid. The transmission needs to be cooled to room TEMP_ not over 90 degrees, VERY IMPORTANT, so if you have been driving very long , you need to turn off the car for about a 1/2 hour.

1. Then start the car, set the emergency brake, put the car in Neutral and then back to P-Park.



2. Then pull the dip stick out ( it's yellow , you find it back by the fire wall 1/2 inch x 2 inch) pull it out and wipe it clean with a clean lint free clouth or paper towel. with the car running still in P-Park.



3.Now if the fuild is anywhere with in the hatch marked

{XXX IN THIS AREA XXX} area dont add any fluid. The fuid level is OK.



3a. If the fluid is below the hatch {XXXXX} mark AREA,

Then ADD FLUID WARNING%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;

(You will find the correct Transmission fluid TYPE engraved right on the dip stick)

3a 1. Add only enough fuild to bring the level back up into the hatch mark area.



4.The fluid is added through the same hole that you pulled out the Transmission DIP-STICK.



5. You will need a funel in order to add the fuild. Most auto part store will have an exteneded or very long funel (refered to as a Transmission funel).



6. You should only add about a 1/4 of a quart of fluid at a time checking to see if the fluid level is back with-in the hatch marked area(XXXXX) on the dip stick. ( CHECK WITH ENGINE RUNNING CAR IN PARK WITH EMERGENCY BRAKE ON)



7. DO NOT OVER FILL IT WILL CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE TRANSMISSION FROM TO HIGH OF PRESSURE. Over filling may cause leaks if the seals are old with car over 100,000 mile



Good Luck, And I hope this answered all of your question.88 Buick LeSabre Custom - transmission fluid needed can%26039;t find tank where to add some?
just pull the dip stick out of the opening and pour the transmission fluid in where the dip stick goes. It is kind of tricky to do without a funnel that fits in the opening. Not too much at a time. And be sure to check the level with the engin running. 88 Buick LeSabre Custom - transmission fluid needed can%26039;t find tank where to add some?
it,s in the same place as my 88 oldsmobile is. when you raise the hood the dip stick is located right behind the engine, that,s where you fill it at , but watch you don,t fill it too much or you will blow a seal.88 Buick LeSabre Custom - transmission fluid needed can%26039;t find tank where to add some?
On my truck, everything is marked, and laid out fairly easy, but I have a Ford, so its a different company. I would go to Auto Zone and get a book on the car. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment