Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why is my power steering fluid all over the garage floor?

Okay... I had my Acura TL in for routine maintenance about 14 months back and during that time the dealer supposedly addressed a recall involving a potentially faulty power steering hose. I have papers stating that this work was completed and parts replaced but fourteen months later I suffer a catastrophic power steering hose failure. Hydraulic fluid is puddled on my garage floor and my TL is down. I really don't trust the local dealership at all but they are the only game in town. I really don't believe that they changed the hose and now I'm in a position where I have to prove they didn't. Let's say that they did what they were supposed to do. Is it unusual to have a failure of the line to happen in such a short time? Do I have any recourse against the dealership? I know that sometimes things just happen, but I don't think that this is just the luck of the draw. I need to know how, if possible, can I determine if the hose was actually replaced when they said it was.Why is my power steering fluid all over the garage floor?
When they changed your hose did they give you the old one? Did they even let you see it?Why is my power steering fluid all over the garage floor?
Before you condemn the dealer, make sure the hose they replaced is the source of your leak. If it is, call the service manager and explain your situation to him/her calmly! Don't get a attitude! It won't get you anywhere! Yes, new parts do fail. It happens. There are 2 hoses. 1 high pressure and 1 return line. One could have been replaced and the other one could have failed. Could be a clamp on the return line that failed or isn't tight. Like I said, confirm the source of the leak and go from there. Good Luck!
  • single beds
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment