Saturday, November 20, 2010

I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna, and what kind of power steering fluid do I have to use?

1) My manual indicates that I need to use Automatic Transmission Fluid Dexron II or III, but is this correct?? so...power steering and automatic transmission shares same fluid???



2) Also I'm going to change the steering fluid myself with mityvac or similar fluid extractor, do I have to lift my car up and turn my steering wheel left and right to take out all the old fluid out or can I just extract and refill the fluid and repeat these steps two or three times...because I don't have the tool to lift my car up.



3) how often do I have to change my power steering fluid?





Thank you in advance.I have a 2006 Toyota Sienna, and what kind of power steering fluid do I have to use?
sell that car before it take out on u and killed uI have a 2006 Toyota Sienna, and what kind of power steering fluid do I have to use?
1) No, the trans takes Toyota type WS fluid in all likelyhood. It may use type T-IV but I think it is too new, either way DON%26quot;T use Dexron in the trans.



2) I would just replace what you can suck out from the reservoir and call it good.



3) Most people never replace the fluid at all so just doing what is in the res. every few years should be just fine, if in doubt go to smg.toyotapartsandservice.com and look up the maintenance intervals for your van.

No comments:

Post a Comment