Saturday, November 20, 2010

Power steering "noise"?

I have a 2004 3.8L Mustang. The power steering fluid isn't low but it makes an unusually loud noise even at idle. I tried completely changing the fluid and it didn't help at all. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Is it just the fact that its a Ford?Power steering %26quot;noise%26quot;?
The additive might be something to try.

When I flush a power steering system, I remove the return line to the pump, put the hose into a bucket, then plug the end on the pump. I then have a funnel in the pump and have someone start the vehicle while I quickly dump about 5 quarts of fluid through the system to flush it.



This will usually fix the problem, when the vehicle gets some miles on it the oil just wears out.Power steering %26quot;noise%26quot;?
B.G products has an additive and power steering fluid that will quiet your

system down considerably. First they will flush the system and then add

the BG fluid and additive and I have actually seen and heard the results.Power steering %26quot;noise%26quot;?
have the power steering belt checked and put a new belt on. if that does not work get a new power steering pump put in.Power steering %26quot;noise%26quot;?
It could be the power searing pump is bad. With out actually hearing it I do not know.

No comments:

Post a Comment