Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I have a mint condition 1993 ford probe gt but the check engine light comes on?

I am the second owner of my 1993 Ford probe GT right now it has about 52,184 miles original miles in fact. I almost had the car for 1 1/2 years I bought it from a retired Air Force guy with 43,243 original miles, he babied and garaged the car ever since he bought it new in 1994. I also babied ever since I got it, changed the oil every 3000 miles or three months, synthetic oil, in fact just had a recent oil and filter change, always warm it up even on an avarage California day. Never race it. Anyways I have a check engine light come on every day or every other day just ounce for only 30 to a minute and it goes away. I don't know what it is, I checked the oil level its at a perfect level. Also when ever I steer the steering wheel in a parking lot or while standing still, steer it left and right I hear liksquealingng squeaky rubbing noises every time I turn it to the left or

to the right all the way but not to much on normal turns without the cranking. So I am just concerned about those two problems, thesqueakyy steering and the mmysteriouscheck engine light in fact it began right after I got the oil and filter change done, but I check the oil level and it was good. I am guessing its like a loose vacuumhose or it needs a new oxygen sensor. But I don;t know what it is and I have no idea about the steering noise I had the power steering fluid changed a year ago, plus my car has not been used untill like begging of august cause I was in the military on deployment and I just got back. My dad did start it up every three days to keep the battery from dieing and he took it around the block ounce a while. So can somebody tell me what those two problems might be and how I should take care of them? I love my car I only want the best for her, so your honest answer will greatly be appreciated by me. Thank You hit me up when you get this.I have a mint condition 1993 ford probe gt but the check engine light comes on?
The squeak could be a slipping belt on your power steering pump. Simply check the tension and spray the belt with belt spray. I'd bet the check engine light is an oxygen sensor, I would ignore that light. It's harmlessI have a mint condition 1993 ford probe gt but the check engine light comes on?
as for the steering if its doing it when the wheel is turned all the way to one side then its not a problem every car I have ever driven has done that (why it makes that noise i don't know) and for the check engine light take it to like auto zone or checker (or what ever is in your area) and see if they can scan the codesI have a mint condition 1993 ford probe gt but the check engine light comes on?
Check the power steering fluid level and the tension on the belt. As for the the check light. A friends car does the same thing and was told it was the computer that would cost about a hundred bucks to repair. If it stays on for only 30 seconds, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do worry, take it to the dealer to get at the bottom of it. They will have the machine to hook it up to. A shade tree mechanic will run you round in circles.
  • Where can i get a cute new bed set
  • can't calibrate printer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment