Wednesday, November 24, 2010

94 Mercedes E320 - How do you reset the dashboard lights?

Basically, in a month ago, in order to pass smog, I had to replace my gas cap. The gas cap that was on there was the original. I replaced it with a new one, however, once I did that, my check engine light came on. Unfortunately, I disposed of the old one once I got the new one. My check engine light has not subsided, and the weird thing, is my car runs flawlessly... I just had it serviced at 135,000 miles w/oil %26amp; filter change, power steering, differential fluids, etc.



My light remains on %26amp; I don't have the money to start allowing shops to pull codes, especially on an OB-1 computer. How do you reset the dashboard?



I figure if there is big problem, after the reset the light will come back on. Then, I will take it in.



Please though, how do you reset this?94 Mercedes E320 - How do you reset the dashboard lights?
Apparently the new gas cap is not airtight and allows the air to enter the tank (or vapors to escape to the atmosphere, depending on the pressure difference).



The light should reset itself after 10 %26quot;trips%26quot;. A %26quot;trip%26quot; is defined by a cold start, warming up, driving a mile or so and shutting down the engine. So one could say that if the conditions that triggered the malfunction lamp no longer exist, the light will extinguish itself after a week or so. If it doesn't then the condition that triggers the warning lamp is still present and needs to be rectified.94 Mercedes E320 - How do you reset the dashboard lights?
the diagnostic connector for OBD 1 is under the hood on the passenger side near the fire wall



remove the cap . there is a 16 pin socket box . on this box you will see a red LED light with a black button next to it ,



turn the ignition switch to the run position ,



press this button until the light comes on for 1 to 3 seconds and release , the light will begin to blink.count the blinks and this is your code ,



to clear...once the light stops blinking and remains on you have less than 2 seconds to press and hold the button again for 8 to 10 seconds once you do that the code should clear,if there is more than one code you will need to repeat this procedure for each additional code until all codes are clear



you may need to try this a few times to get it done cause the computer will not clear the codes if you do not press the button in the correct manner
  • gaming systems
  • why is my bearded dragon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment