Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?

I really don't know much about cars besides the fact that mechanics like to overcharge women for their lack of knowledge. Anyway...I need my power steering fluid changed. How can I do this myself? It's a 2000 Taurus. My basic knowledge is where the resivoir to check the fluid is located. Please HELP.How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
I change mine by useing a turkey baster to suck out the old fluid %26amp; putting it in a container with a lid. I then refill with new fluid. I hope this helps!How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
you shouldn't need to change that fluid. if you REALLY want to change it...underneath the pump there are lines(hoses) goint to your steering gearbox (or something like that). These hoses are usually solid (made of metal) and screwed into the pump's resevoir. unscrew both of them (becuase i don't know which on your pump is your fluid in and fluid out) and let them drain into a drain pan, (or very wider mouthed container). screw them back in (being VERY carefull not to missalign the threads on the hoses and destroying them). when you do this whole process, keep an eye on these little rubber %26quot;O%26quot; rings. don't lose these.

WHEW!

but like i said, you shouldn't need to change the power steering fluid.How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
Why do you think you need to change it? It's not like motor oil, it's just hydraulic fluid for the power steering pump. Whomever told you that you need to change it has no idea what they are talking aboutHow do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
I just add to it, I never change it. Why are you changing it? If I had to change mine, I would wait til I get my next oil change and ask them what it would cost to do it. If it is not too much, I would just let them do it.How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
Why do you wana change the PS Fluid.



Your car should go 1,000,000 miles before you need this serviceHow do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
Heated, old oil will always look different than new oil, so that wouldn't tell you anything in case the old oil actually has the feel of %26quot;mud%26quot;...and I highly doubt that. If your power steering box was closed, I can't imagine how anything could contaminate it unless the interior was failing.



no one changes the oil in those, so you probably don't have any kind of drain plug, so use a baby syringe or get a gear lube pump for like $7-10 from wal-mart or auto parts store. pump it out of the same hole you'd add the oil.How do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
you can ask your Neighbor ! or get a big mocho guy to take your car inHow do I change the power steering fluid in my car?
Don't be silly! Take it to a Ford dealer and have it done by somebody who knows what the hell they are doing. A dealership won't overcharge you because you are a woman. An independent garage just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment