Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's the life expectancy of a D-Tec Engine and how can I tell when my car need power steering fluid?

I have a new car. An '07 Suzuki Reno. And it has a D-Tec engine in it. Just wondering if they're good engines. I drive A LOT so I plan to put a lot of miles on it while I have it before it's time for me to trade in.

And my steering wheel seems very loose. Like I have to turn it very far to the left or right when making a small turn. Does that mean I need to change my power steering fluid or what?What%26039;s the life expectancy of a D-Tec Engine and how can I tell when my car need power steering fluid?
engine should be ok do good maintinence change oil on time if oil start getting dirty sooner

that means time to change the car , steering oil

not to worry ,thats the last thing u need to worry

there is oil reservoire and there would be marks

cold and hot so check the level , i m sure it would be fine taking a wider turn thats how car is built , and u will not need to change the steering fluid that can last almost for ever .What%26039;s the life expectancy of a D-Tec Engine and how can I tell when my car need power steering fluid?
the engine will last a long time if you look after it and just top up the fluid but you mite have to bleed the power steering if you do then it is full lock left and full lock to the right do this about 4 time and keep your eye on the fluid





hopes this helpsWhat%26039;s the life expectancy of a D-Tec Engine and how can I tell when my car need power steering fluid?
I don't know anything about D-Tec engines but I do know that sloppy steering has nothing to do with power steering fluid. It sounds like you're describing %26quot;on center dead spot%26quot; in the steering. All vehicles have some amount of a dead spot so you don't have to constantly correct to go in a straight line but, generally speaking, the sportier the car, the lower the tolerances for a large dead spot. Meaning, Ferrari's have almost none, school buses have a huge dead spot. It all has to do with steering components, suspension and tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment