Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to trouble shoot power steering?

I have a 2003 F150 and the power steering just went out. There was no noise, no warning, nothing. I checked the reservoir and there was plenty of fluid and no signs of leaks. I would assume I just need to change the power steering pump, but, I was wondering if there is any other device that would cause this problem, before I commit my Saturday to replacing the pump.......thanks for your answers!How to trouble shoot power steering?
Plugged power steering hoses could cause problems. I work on all year Ford trucks and the power steering unit is the usually the first thing to go bad.How to trouble shoot power steering?
how is the belt? did it break or is it slipping? this is a messy job but you could take the pressure hose off, make sure it,s full, start the truck and see if the pump is pumping fluid. if it,s pumping then it,s not the pump. it could be the rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment